The California Food and Justice Coalition (CFJC), one of the local hosts of the CFSC conference in Oakland, plans on hosting a People’s Summit next November. Our working title is “Taking Back Our Food System”. Stay informed as this plan develops by becoming a CFJC member!
Become a part of the national movement
Who We Are
The Community Food and Justice Coalition promotes the basic human right of access to healthy food. Through education, movement building, and advocacy, we collaborate with communities and organizations on issues of food and farm policy, climate change, health care, poverty, and immigration. Equity and social justice are the basis for how we approach all of our work. We support communities to affect systemic change starting at the local level.
Learn about your coverage options
Blog Tag Cloud
Action Alert agriculture amendments blog Climate Change coalition building community community engagement conference Congress drought ED Letter education equity event factory farm Farm Bill farmer featured food justice food system GMO GOAT health Healthy Farms Healthy People hunger immigration intern intern reflection internship reflection kitchen table talk labor issues newsletter nutrition Oakland policy politics public policy Rural Coalition Senate small farms SNAP social justice urban farming Y. Armando Nieto
Tweeting Food Justice
- RT @FordFoundation: A 12-month awakening and a personal request: @DarrenWalker reflects on his first year as president. http://t.co/rrKyk4U… 11:08:20 AM September 02, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Buy your tickets now for "Off the Greed:Economics from the Grassroots" http://t.co/mtxSvi61Ut #offthegreed @IDEX 09:20:19 AM September 02, 2014 from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Global & local leaders in #NewEconomy will be at #OffTheGreed, Sept 10 @BrowerCenter. By your tickets today! http://t.co/mtxSvi61Ut #OTG 11:15:16 AM August 30, 2014 from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- August Spotlight: Congratulations to Marilyn Borchardt, @foodfirstorg 's Development Director for the past 20 yrs: http://t.co/y6Js8rKx4r 10:15:41 AM August 29, 2014 from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Connecting the Dots #CTD; Climate Change: People are feeling impacts of #climatechange in many different ways http://t.co/cwUxCSRPq4 04:45:13 PM August 28, 2014 from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ClimateHealthCx: 2 sessions today at @WHO's Conference on Climate Change and Health: http://t.co/dQkMzPIbmb & http://t.co/SsHaXUoSLj 09:37:18 AM August 28, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite