The California Food and Justice Coalition (CFJC), one of the local hosts of the CFSC conference in Oakland, plans on hosting a People’s Summit next November. Our working title is “Taking Back Our Food System”. Stay informed as this plan develops by becoming a CFJC member!
Become a part of the national movement
Become a Member Today
Who We Are
The Community Food and Justice Coalition promotes the basic human right of access to healthy food. Through education, movement building, and advocacy, we collaborate with communities and organizations on issues of healthy food access, poverty, land use, climate change, and immigration. With a lens of equity and social justice we support communities to affect systemic change starting at the local level.
Learn about your coverage options
Blog Tag Cloud
Action Alert agriculture amendments blog Climate Change coalition building community community engagement conference Congress drought ED Letter education equity event factory farm Farm Bill farmer featured Food First food justice food system GMO GOAT health Healthy Farms Healthy People House hunger immigration intern kitchen table talk labor issues newsletter nutrition Oakland policy politics public policy Rural Coalition Senate small farms SNAP urban farming values Y. Armando Nieto
Tweeting Food Justice
- RT @IATP: Not in DC? Join the webcast: Public Symposium on the Serious Threats Posed by TAFTA http://t.co/JpzgygjdeB 03:58:42 PM December 12, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @CoveredCA developed FAQs for #Californians whose policy doens't meet #ACA standards: http://t.co/PUuP7A0RgR 02:36:04 PM December 12, 2013 from HootSuite in reply to CoveredCA ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @WhiteHouse: FACT: The House GOP has voted more than 40 times to repeal #Obamacare—which would let insurers deny coverage due to pre-exi… 10:23:45 AM December 12, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Register today for our Dec. Public Policy Call: http://t.co/FumAKSEpYU 08:40:37 AM December 12, 2013 from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Today's Top of the Food Chain #TOTFC: #Hawaii's Big Island signs bill which bans new #GMO crops http://t.co/MPc7QQFh3L 08:10:07 PM December 10, 2013 from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ClimateHealthCx: $10K prize, contest for nurses to address climate change! Deadline Dec. 16. via @HCWHGlobal http://t.co/zaTsWERssv 04:21:25 PM December 10, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite