Jenny Huston, founder of Farm to Table Food Services and Oakland Food Policy Council member, has unveiled a new cook book for CFJC’s Kitchen Table Talks program. CFJC believes access to healthy food is a basic right. Kitchen Table Talks bring community members together to talk about their concerns related to food access, quality, and affordability, diet, nutrition, and social and ecological problems surrounding food production and consumption. This cook book is designed to facilitate Kitchen Table Talk dinners and discussions by providing recipes for low cost, nutritious, and easy-to-make meals!
Farm to Table Cook Book
Become a Member Today
Who We Are
The Community Food and Justice Coalition promotes the basic human right of access to healthy food. Through education, movement building, and advocacy, we collaborate with communities and organizations on issues of food and farm policy, climate change, health care, poverty, and immigration. Equity and social justice are the basis for how we approach all of our work. We support communities to affect systemic change starting at the local level.
Learn about your coverage options
Blog Tag Cloud
Action Alert agriculture amendments blog Climate Change coalition building community community engagement conference Congress drought ED Letter education equity event factory farm Farm Bill farmer featured Food First food justice food system GMO GOAT health Healthy Farms Healthy People hunger immigration intern kitchen table talk labor issues newsletter nutrition Oakland policy politics public policy Rural Coalition Senate small farms SNAP social justice urban farming values Y. Armando Nieto
Tweeting Food Justice
- Today's #CTD: How are we fighting #climatechange when the #Keystone pipeline will add C02 to the atmosphere? http://t.co/JNVb4mNCBL 12:58:36 PM March 06, 2014 from Tweet Button ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @YaleRuddCenter: Q8: What can advocates do to counter industry tactics/spending? #sodataxnews 10:50:51 AM March 06, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sodafreesummer: A3: Paying community members and "sponsoring" council members to oppose tax publicly. #sodataxnews 10:20:13 AM March 06, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BMSG: A1. Local media outlets did in-depth investigative reporting on industry tactics and spending http://t.co/APjMSVG3u6 #sodataxnews 10:05:51 AM March 06, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Watch Live: President Obama's Town Hall on Latinos & #ACA http://t.co/wwLJiILOl7 @whitehouse #TuSaludyObama #Asegurate. 09:52:24 AM March 06, 2014 from Tweet Button ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @TurnipDemBeets @phidotorg Trial Beet Boxes start March 18th! http://t.co/v2WsaBrY58 05:20:08 PM March 05, 2014 from HootSuite in reply to TurnipDemBeets ReplyRetweetFavorite