Jenny Huston, founder of Farm to Table Food Services and Oakland Food Policy Council member, has unveiled a new cook book for CFJC’s Kitchen Table Talks program. CFJC believes access to healthy food is a basic right. Kitchen Table Talks bring community members together to talk about their concerns related to food access, quality, and affordability, diet, nutrition, and social and ecological problems surrounding food production and consumption. This cook book is designed to facilitate Kitchen Table Talk dinners and discussions by providing recipes for low cost, nutritious, and easy-to-make meals!
Farm to Table Cook Book
Who We Are
The Community Food and Justice Coalition promotes the basic human right of access to healthy food. Through education, movement building, and advocacy, we collaborate with communities and organizations on issues of food and farm policy, climate change, health care, poverty, and immigration. Equity and social justice are the basis for how we approach all of our work. We support communities to affect systemic change starting at the local level.
Blog Tag Cloud
Action Alert agriculture amendments blog Climate Change coalition building community community engagement conference Congress drought ED Letter education equity event Farm Bill farmer featured food justice food system GMO GOAT health Healthy Farms Healthy People hunger immigration intern intern reflection internship reflection kitchen table talk labor issues newsletter nutrition Oakland policy politics public policy Rural Coalition Senate small farms SNAP social justice urban farming values Y. Armando Nieto
Tweeting Food Justice
- Today's Top of the Food Chain #TOTFC: The 2014 #sodatax is a different fight from the 2012 attempt http://t.co/MWnJ7beZBq 05:50:07 PM October 21, 2014 from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October Newsletter: #Congress #WaterofUS #Farm2Fork #VoterRegistration #Jobs and more! http://t.co/CAa1yfF8AR 11:23:49 AM October 21, 2014 from Twitter for Websites ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Did u hear about @foodchainworker new comic book #FoodChainAvengers? Get a sneak peak. Donate to indiegogo campaign http://t.co/p0CkGYnECe 11:24:42 AM October 20, 2014 from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The last of our internship reflection blogs from our summer interns. This one is by Rose Waltz-Peters: http://t.co/Hl9l5TPLWW 08:35:27 AM October 20, 2014 from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Today's Connecting the Dots #CTD #ClimateChange: #military #naturalresources #natrualdisaster http://t.co/mALLztzEpX 06:20:18 PM October 16, 2014 from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Our 4th of 5 blogs from our summer interns. By Alyssa Sheets: http://t.co/XfUIEp21fN 04:35:17 PM October 16, 2014 from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite