Jenny Huston, founder of Farm to Table Food Services and Oakland Food Policy Council member, has unveiled a new cook book for CFJC’s Kitchen Table Talks program. CFJC believes access to healthy food is a basic right. Kitchen Table Talks bring community members together to talk about their concerns related to food access, quality, and affordability, diet, nutrition, and social and ecological problems surrounding food production and consumption. This cook book is designed to facilitate Kitchen Table Talk dinners and discussions by providing recipes for low cost, nutritious, and easy-to-make meals!
Farm to Table Cook Book
Who We Are
The Community Food and Justice Coalition promotes the basic human right of access to healthy food. Through education, movement building, and advocacy, we collaborate with communities and organizations on issues of food and farm policy, climate change, health care, poverty, and immigration. Equity and social justice are the basis for how we approach all of our work. We support communities to affect systemic change starting at the local level.
Learn about your coverage options
Blog Tag Cloud
Action Alert agriculture amendments blog Climate Change coalition building community community engagement conference Congress drought ED Letter education equity event factory farm Farm Bill farmer featured food justice food system GMO GOAT health Healthy Farms Healthy People hunger immigration intern intern reflection internship reflection kitchen table talk labor issues newsletter nutrition Oakland policy politics public policy Rural Coalition Senate small farms SNAP social justice urban farming Y. Armando Nieto
Tweeting Food Justice
- Connecting the Dots #CTD; Climate Change: People are feeling impacts of #climatechange in many different ways http://t.co/cwUxCSRPq4 04:45:13 PM August 28, 2014 from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ClimateHealthCx: 2 sessions today at @WHO's Conference on Climate Change and Health: http://t.co/dQkMzPIbmb & http://t.co/SsHaXUoSLj 09:37:18 AM August 28, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Connecting the Dots #CTD; Race, Power, Privilege http://t.co/CzVUg6PudD #water #Ca #CaDrought @CWaterC 07:00:19 PM August 27, 2014 from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Jess_Bartholow: Call to action for Neighborhood Food Act #AB2561 (@SteveBradford) on this am's @ComfoodJustice call http://t.co/AxhzhX… 08:31:08 AM August 27, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- August Organizations Making a Difference: National Hmong American Farmers http://t.co/ziQEhyeZYJ #Farmers, #CaDrought 08:02:12 AM August 27, 2014 from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite